First Grade Smart Start: Read & Write
Create dynamic learning opportunities in the classroom or at home with the Smart Start: Read and Write Activity Book from Evan-Moor.
30599 - Grade 1
Help your child become a reader and writer with Smart Start: Read and Write! Developed by teachers, the colorful activities provide the perfect combination of fun and practice to give your child the foundation needed for academic success. The grade 1 Smart Start: Read and Write workbook helps your child identify word family spelling patterns, practice rhyming words, and read and write simple sentences.
- Accelerate your child’s reading progress: 20 easy-to-follow weekly lessons help your child increase reading and vocabulary with word families.
- Creative and fun lessons: Keep your child entertained while learning.
- Reward stickers: Motivate your child to complete the activities.
- Audio stories: Provide an option to listen to the audio story with your child.
- Alphabet stories: Introduce two word family patterns and include an audio read-aloud option.
- Spell It! activities: Focus on writing and vocabulary.
- Write It! activities: Provide practice reading and writing simple sentences.
- Read It! activities: Provide reading and reading comprehension practice.
- Find It! activities: Provide fun word searches around the word families of the week.
- Let’s Review! activities: This simple review activity helps you evaluate your child’s understanding of word families and provides additional practice.
- Writing and reading simple words and sentences
- Identifying word family patterns
- Reading comprehension
- Following directions
- Fine motor skills