STEM Lessons and Challenges
Each unit provides everything you need to guide your students in completing the hands-on challenge.
Each unit provides everything you need to guide your students in completing the hands-on challenge, including:
- Teacher overview pages - Tips and direction for preparing students to complete a STEM challenge, as well as a materials list that suggest readily-available items to gather
- Reading selections for background knowledge - Foundational information that is relevant to the challenge that students are completing
- Visual real-world examples - A visual literacy page with real-world images relevant to the STEM challenge
- A STEM challenge overview - Introduces the specific task and goal of each STEM challenge and provides space for students to brainstorm
- Design process worksheet - Activities guide students to plan, create, test and evaluate their creation
- A redesign page to evaluate their design - The worksheet guides students through each step of the design process and provides space to document plans, materials, results, evaluations, and revisions.